Wow, do I ever have a lot of fun positives to share with you again and some of them are thanks to you my wonderful fans, friends, teachers, students, parents, etc. You rock!!!
- I am over 9,200 blog views, that is amazing! Once I had 10,000 it will be time for another surprise for everyone!
- I just hit 100 blog followers on Google Connect. You all are amazing!!! Love all 100 of you!
- I sold 5 products (6 total) since last Friday. I know that's not a lot, but for a new person to Teachers Pay Teacher it is an awesome feeling!
- I was featured in Teacher Pay Teacher Newsletter, which was really awesome for a new seller like myself - TPT Newsletter
- Well on my last blog post I mentioned I'd let you all know how last Friday went. The Kindergarten children were so excited as each one walked in the door. A few 3rd graders saw me outside the room and stopped to talk to me and tell me how much they missed me. Then the Kindergarten children had to tell me how much they missed having me teach them as I had been with 3rd/4th grade for a whole month. That is like an eternity to 5 and 6 year olds, but they told me they were not mad at me and never could be! So sweet! Then at lunch, as I stepped into the cafeteria I hear my name being called out over and over again. Sure enough it was those amazing 3rd and 4th graders. I went around to talk to each child individually. They were so sweet and many told me how much they missed me and that I was their favorite sub! I hope to come back to sub for them again as I also miss them so much! I'll see both of these classes in the cafeteria today as I sub for another Kindergarten class! I'll report next Friday any positives that come from today!
- Tuesday and Thursday I also subbed for Kindergarten classes at another school. The children were so kind to me and worked so hard. One class shocked me as they started picking up their own trash after each assignment without being asked! Both classes told me how much they wanted me to sub for them again and that I am nice and not mean like other subs who yell at them. Both told me they want me to always be their sub!
- Then a moment happened Thursday that just touched my heart in a big way. A girl who was done with her work and writing sentences on a white board came up to me and said read this Mr. Hopkins. It said I love you, Mr. H. I told her she was so kind and that I love you too. She starts writing again and says how do you spell more. I told her and she said you have to read what I just wrote. Under what she previously said she writes I love you more. It is the little things like that, that inspire me to continue to teach and look for another full time teaching job!
As always, please share your positives by posting in the comment box! I love reading great things that happen to others. It does not have to relate to teaching in any way. Just let me know what was good about your week!
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings!