Wow, wow, wow I had the best week ever!!!!!!!!!!
- Last Friday I had such a good time with Kindergarten at a school that I had only been to once before. I got to do a fun lesson from a blogging friend Deanna Jump and saw the other kids I had subbed for before way back in January. Many came to say hi and I got a few hugs.
- Monday, I volunteered to proctor FCAT, which was a great learning experience at the school that I am just in love with. It was nice to be thanked for coming in just to do that! I was also interviewed for a short term job teaching 5th grade.
- Tuesday through Friday I subbed in a 5th/6th grade combined class in my favorite school. Boy am I getting experience in combined classes! 5th grade had FCAT so I had just 6th grade for a good chunk of the morning and the afternoon went by so fast with lunch, activity for 6th grade, and recess. 5th grade had fun on the computer in the afternoon and I got to take 6th grade outside to do their work in the morning so we didn't disturb FCAT. Most of them loved going outside to work. The weather was so nice.
- Wednesday I was hired to teach 5th grade starting Monday until the end of the school year and told that they want me next year, but they are waiting to see teacher allocation units. I cannot wait to get to know these amazing 5th graders and have the fun with them that I had with Kindergarten, 1st grade, 3rd/4th and other classes! I told the 3rd and 4th graders keep working hard and being nice to others, good things come to good people and I proved that by landing a job where I wanted!!! Those wonderful students also helped me appreciate and love teaching older children. Thank you 3rd and 4th grade, I love you!
- The 3rd and 4th graders also got my Crack The FCAT eggs, which had chocolate and a peppermint inside as well as a personalized note to each child. They were able to see again how much I enjoyed each one of them and why each of them are so special to me. They also received letters from the 1st graders and a few from my myself to do a great job on FCAT. Finally, I gave them a treat bag filled with goodies and FCAT sayings. Some sayings: Smarties because you are such a smartie, A starburst because you are a star, an Eraser to erase your mistakes, etc. I will do a separate blog post on this hopefully this weekend and give everyone the freebie in case anyone wants to use it!
These kids filled my bucket as most of the 3rd graders wrote me thank you letters and all the 3rd and 4th graders had such big smiles on their faces and thanked me when they saw me. They were also so excited for me getting the job. Due to different lunch schedules I won't see them as much, but I know they will continue to soar and do well!
I also saw the amazing Kindergarten children Tuesday and Thursday (and will Friday too) and got hugs, I Love You's, congrats on the job, and smiles!
The children at this school and many other schools I've subbed at fill buckets with kindness every single day. Have you filled anyone's bucket with kindness? How will you do so today and next week?
- In blogger news, wow 42,000 views, you guys and gals are amazing!
Please share positive experiences with me from the past week. Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. I love each and everyone of you for stopping by.