Hola friends, fans, parents, and students,
I just finished my short term stint in 5th grade and I am back to subbing for the last 11 days when a school needs me that is. On to the positives.
- 57,800 + blog views, 372 FB fans, 172 followers on TPT, wow you guys are amazing, thank you from the bottom of my heart! You are the reason I keep blogging and making teaching products. You fill my bucket with so much love! I apologize I haven't been here as much lately.
- I had a blast at a 3 day country music concert. I got to meet Chris Young again, Steve Holy twice, and Michael Ray. I got to slap hands with Kellie Pickler and see other big name singers like Big and Rich, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis, Jake Owen, and Ashton Shepard to name a few. It was so much fun many even talked about children including Michael Ray who wrote a bracelet for a girl who had cancer, dedicated a song to her and said he's going to get bracelets from her dad to start selling to help support her! That there friends is why I love country music artists!
- On the job front I loved seeing improved scores on the grammar test, high scores on spelling and vocabulary! I'm very proud of the 5th graders for those achievements.
- The Kindergarten children continue to be oh so sweet to me running up and hugging me and saying hello at unexpected times like first thing in the morning. They tell me they love me and keep asking me when will I sub for them again many of who I only subbed for once and that just touches my heart big time. Thank you Kindergarten for being bucket fillers!
- Wow what can I say about the 3rd and 4th graders. Well for teacher appreciation week and help from PTO (thank you PTO, you great bucket fillers) they put their thumbprints on a paper and wrote their name around a beautiful poem. I also got an apple from them with a picture of them all being super silly. These are things I will cherish for the rest of my life. They are such big bucket fillers to do that for me, I feel so extra special.
- The 3rd graders also fill my bucket with their smiles, hugs, and friendship. Several times this week they came running to me from the playground when I dropped my class off at activity and talked to me for quite awhile letting me know how they were doing and asking about me. They continue to tell me they love me, they want me to teach them next year, will I even be at the school next year, etc. Thank you again for being bucket fillers! These kids are always smiling and always find a way to make me smile. It would be a huge dream to teach these children they are that special to me. Their parents are also amazingly supportive!
- Administration also filled my bucket with lunch every single day this week and even served me lunch on Wednesday from the table! Loved the burger and rootbeer float! Thanks for filling my bucket.
I guess that does it for now. Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Please share your positives for the week!