I know, I know, I know I said no more Positive Fridays until school starts, BUT I have some wonderful positives that I just must share so Positive Fridays are back for this week anyway my friends. Keep reading and I promise a freebie for you all as well!
- Last weekend, I got to babysit my nephew on Friday and Saturday will be doing the same this week and the rest of summer until school starts! He is 7 years old and going into 2nd grade. He kept me on my toes for 2 days. This was my first time ever babysitting. He had fun on the computer playing http://www.abcya.com and http://www.spellingcity.com It is hot with no A/C in my house right now until the part comes in to fix it so we spent some time outside throwing water at each other using water bottles and his squirt gun. We also played my Fishy Sight Word game (it's free!) along with some other games, read a bunch of Clifford books, made some snow, etc.
- Then on Thursday I received a call to interview for a tutoring position for the summer on Monday! I can't wait as I am so excited to get to help children again. I love making a difference in their lives.
- Also, on Thursday an amazing parent of a 3rd grader wrote me the nicest recommendation letter. It brought tears to my eyes.
- Finally, on Thursday I found out from another parent and former collegue that her daughter had a book published on the web. I taught her daughter in 2nd grade and she is going into I believe 8th grade! Wow! Where does time go?
- Almost forgot I also heard that a student of mine that I taught in Kindergarten my 2nd year just got straight A's on her last report card (4.0 average all year!) and scored 4's on FCAT in reading and math barely missing a 5. I am so proud of her!
Now for your freebie. Click the picture to get this letter matching freebie for Kindergarten. I am working on a Kindergarten packet, Fraction packet, July Behavior freebie, and another behavior freebie! Hope to have them all done this week! We'll see!
Until next time thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings and keep smiling!