Let's start off with last Friday. Last Friday, I subbed in a 4th grade class. So many great positives, this was truly a dream class and reminded me of those special 3rd and 4th graders that I taught for a month back in January and February. I miss those kids so much! Anyway . . .
- Administration greeted me so kindly as did the awesome office staff and a few kids first thing in the morning who recognized me. Also, a couple of teachers who I used to work with, so glad to see them again!
- This group of children were so polite! They used their manners and even raised their hand to throw trash away.
- They were hard workers!
- Despite the restroom being outside the classroom they were in and out super quickly, which is not always the case especially when subbing!
- One sweet girl asked if she could go talk to a special needs child when we were at recess when the girl walked by because she said the girl likes her and she could get her to smile. I said absolutely and I watched her and her 2 friends go cheer the girl up! That my friends is bucket filling at its very best!
- Each child got a positive note in their planner from me and a piece of candy, which put a smile on their face.
- They thanked me for subbing and said goodbye to me before they left. True bucket fillers and I even read the book to them at the end of the day!
- Got to visit with my friend before the school day started. Awesome catching up with her, I hadn't seen her a year! You rock Susan!
- Office staff absolutely friendly and the principal walked through the room in the morning and said hi to me and smiled while the children were sitting on the floor doing a super job of listening!
- The little Kindergarten children did quite a good job in line for having 21 (she has 22 total), especially for a sub. I was pretty impressed that most were quiet and walking instead of running and in a mostly straight line! Go Kindergarten!
- I had a boy come up to me and hug me at the end of the day and say "you only need to work here and no where else." I told him I'd be back Friday in another Kindergarten class.
- The children had a blast making the letter M capital and lowercase out of playdough. Some said they couldn't do it and I managed to get every single child to try and they did a super job!!! Thanks for the fun activity Susan!
Thursday, I got a call from the secretary at the school I worked at Wednesday to interview Friday after I sub in Kindergarten for a Kindergarten (they need 2 teachers) and 1st-2nd grade combo class!
I also did a good deed on Thursday and took my friend also named Brian to get his daughter who was sick at school. Poor thing had a super bad headache and was crying all the way home. I hope she feels better!
Friday's sub day in Kindergarten will be on next week's Positive Friday Post.
Please share your positives for the week even if they aren't job related. I had no replies last week. :( Come on I know you want to make me smile! Also, do you like the bullets or should I go back to paragraphs?
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!