Last Friday I had the opportunity to sub for a half day in a 3rd grade class. This was a different group of 3rd graders, but in the same school.
- The students were very cooperative and respectful.
- They were very quiet during test time and did an excellent job of raising their hand when they needed help with other work.
- All of the students cheerfully said goodbye to me when their teacher came back. I look forward to hopefully subbing for this bunch of great students in the future!
- Before school one student in 2nd grade saw me and before going to her class cheerfully said my name and gave me a hug and a huge smile. Awesome, that she remembered me from last year!
Monday, there was no school due to an inservice for teachers. I did though get to interview for a Kindergarten position in Orlando. Unforutnately, they were on a hiring freeze and I believe had to take a transfer from another school.
So the next day I worked was Tuesday as an assistant in a Pre-K class. It was nice to be called in personally instead of picking it up on the computer system.
- There were only 8 students in the class. They were a fun loving group of children.
- A couple of students kept coming up to me during their center time for me to read stories to them. I read 5 or 6 books to them and then a couple at dismissal. I even tied in Math with them having them count groups of the same things in the pictures of the stories. They did a great job!
- One boy was especially attached to me if I moved somewhere else he would come follow me, it was so sweet!
- The same boy kept calling me Dad! First time that has happened in my teaching career, I have been called Mom a time or two though. haha
- I enjoyed helping them at P.E. and helping them make a color book.
- Several children in 1st grade from the first class I subbed for this school year saw me when I took the boys to the playground and came up to talk to me and give me a hug. Very sweet children!
In blog news I am excited that I have 148,000 views and I should hit 150,000 before next Friday. I also hav eover 950 FB fans and can't wait to hit 1,000! Did you know I have over 100 products, 1/4th of the products are free?
Please leave your positives from the week. I look forward to reading how your year is going.
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!