Why not make sight word learning fun for your students? I have created some wonderful cards that will help get your students moving! Some of the cards are for sitting and others are for standing up. Some can be used for either. There are even a few cards that students will need a partner! These can also be used to learn spelling words so the cards will work for all Elementary grade levels!
How about some fun examples:
- My second graders I previously taught absolutely loved Movie Star Kisses. The students start with their hand at their mouth and blow kisses for each letter like a movie star winning an award!
- Volcano: Students start out at a whisper and get louder with each letter. Then explode when you say the word at the end.
- Hand Jive: Pair your students up. Children clap hands together for consonants and lap clap for vowels. They put their hands in the air at the end as you say the word.
- Motorcycle: Hang on to the pretend handle bars and do wheelies for each letter.
- Back Tracer - Students stand up and form a circle. Trace the letter of the back of the person in front of you.
You can find many more fun chants and cheers including Batter Up, Hula, Surfin' and Spellin', Frog Jumps, Yo-Yo, Chicken, and Ketchup.
Click on the pictures to check them out in my store. Download the preview for some free cards!
I would love to hear any ideas that you have for using sight words and spelling words that allow your students to move! Share below in the comments!
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!