I did not work last Friday because the wonderful students had a day off of school while teachers had professional development. Monday, I had an interview for an assistant Title 1 position and a doctor appointment so I didn't work then.
Tuesday, I was back in 3rd grade with a class that I had last week.
- The secretary was so friendly again when I came in to sign in.
- One of the girls came in and introduced herself to me and gave me a handshake. I knew her from last week, but I thought that was so sweet. Great way to fill a bucket. Unfortunately, she got checked out at lunch time. She was a superstar until then!
- The children were excellent and being quiet during the stories I read and had some great I wonder questions about eggs!
- We also read Even More Parts and worked on idioms. I will try to come up with a sample to show it was a great activity where they wrote the idiom on the center of the paper, drew a picture of what the idiom sounded like at the top and at the bottom they drew what it actually meant.
- They also worked hard on practicing doubles and finding the missing addend.
In bloggy news we have surpassed 175,000 views, holy smokes! I just can't believe it! Each one of you are so very kind to stop by! I would just love it if you'd share your positives for the week whether it's teaching, personal life, bloggy news, etc.
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!