This was a short week as students only went to school on Monday and Tuesday this week.
Last Friday I subbed in a wonderful 1st grade class at a school that I sub at quite a bit near home.
- It is always a pleasure to be greeted by the wonderful office staff.
- I met a couple of very nice parents who dropped off their students.
- The children were hard workers, working hard on their writing journals, reading work, and a fun Cornucopia coloring project.
- A father came in after lunch to visit the class and help out, that was extra nice!
- The students were very kind and respectful!
- While waiting on all the students to arrive the assistant principal came walking by twice and greeted me so kindly with a great big smile on her face.
- A student walked in and asked me if I was their sub today and I said yes I am and she ran in jumping up and down with a big smile on her face. It makes me feel so good inside when children are so excited to have me!
- The children worked hard on a reading test, multi-step word problems in math, and some other challenging work
- They did an excellent job of raising their hands and were again very kind and respectful to me.
- I also saw some other students in the hall when I had subbed for previous and they said hi to me with big smiles on their faces. I am so happy that I have touched so many lives!
In blogging news, I am closing in on 205,000 views and have over 340 followers. I thank you all so much for following me and checking out my ideas and things that I have made.
I would love to hear the positives that you have had this week or you can share what you are thankful for!
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings! Keep on smiling!