Friday, I was back in 4th grade. Subbing has really made me appreciate older grades and I now feel confident that I can teach upper grades well! Let's get to the positives!
- It is always great to be welcomed by such great office staff and also a friend of mine that used to teach with me.
- The students worked so hard for me that they plowed through all of their work by lunch time. We didn't have a lot of time after as they had recess thrown in there and one of the last lunch periods.
- A wonderful 4th grade teacher found some more work for them and the wonderful bookkeeper copied them for me!
- The children were kind and respectful toward me.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to work again until Thursday. This was at a school I had never been to before and finally in 1st grade. It was the grade I subbed in the most last year and only a handful of times this year.
- The office staff was so friendly welcoming me to the school and a wonderful friend took me to the secretary who was so kind and then my great friend walked me to the classroom! It is always nice to have a great friend at a school I sub at!
- I also found out right away that I knew one of the 1st grade teachers. We went to UCF together and had nearly all the same classes. It was nice to catch up with her for a little a bit and I hope to sub for her and my friend in the future unless of course I get a job, which would be even better!
- The children worked extremely hard for me. They had a lot of work and still managed to get it done and told me they like having a sub because they get to do fun stuff!
- They were so excited when they walked in because I was there first "boy" teacher or sub!
- Nobody pulled a clip all day, they were all so respectful, kind, followed directions well, and did an excellent job of cleaning up the classroom.
- A funny moment that had me chuckling inside, I overheard a girl saying I want to go Ireland so I can see boys wearing skirts. I have no clue how she got on that topic, it was nothing we discussed! I guess you never know what kids say!
Well that's it for this week. I do work Friday so that will be part of my Positive Friday post next week. I am hopefully to sub on Monday and Tuesday as we have no school Wednesday-Friday due to Thanksgiving break. I enjoyed reading all of your postives last week. I hope you will share yours with me again this week!
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!