Monday was a teacher work day, Tuesday I found out The Learning Station invited me to work with them part time helping them with promoting, contests, and giveaways! We had already planned on me reviewing their new CD of there's so stay tuned I will be doing that on this blog and giving away a copy in the super near future! I did not work on Tuesday or Wednesday unfortunately.
Thursday, I got a call when I was still laying in bed at 8am asking me to come in and sub in ex ed without an assistant as she was sick too. So I rushed to get ready to help out these 3rd-6th grade boys. Yes, all boys!
- I was thanked immediately for coming in! They changed the way they do things now (3rd time I've been at this school) since the Sandy Hook tragedy and gave me a key to keep the room locked all day, which I very gladly did!
- The teacher was very kind in welcoming me to the class and had each child tell me their name (If I recall correctly there were 7 boys).
- The boys learned about life cycles of a human and butterfly. They also learned about trading with other countries and food pantries for those unfortunate people who don't have much food if any.
- They were very well behaved, respectful, and cooperative.
- I was thanked by several of the boys for subbing for them. One even asked me what a sub means. hehe So cute!
- One boy told me that he I so nice, I am even nicer than his teacher, and his teacher is very nice. He knew how to fill my bucket with kindness!
For those wondering if I got the 1st grade job I interviewed for about a month ago, I have yet to hear back so I don't believe so. The teacher may have changed her mind and decided to stay for the rest of the year. I won't give up my search for my dream teaching job. I know it is out there for me!
I would appreciate any wonderful positive comments about your week! What went well for you? Is your school having you keep doors locked all the time or do you just do that anyway?
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!