This is fun CD filled with fun movements and many of the songs come from different cultures from around the world! Children need brain breaks to keep them focused and this CD is perfect for that.
1. A-Root-Chy-Cha is a fun upbeat song that will have your students clapping, putting their knees together, elbows together, bottoms out, tongues out, etc.
2. Zumba Dance is a fun song from Africa. This one will have your students dancing, jogging in different ways, wiggling shoulders, feet, etc. The twist is all of a sudden they have to STOP just like the song "The Freeze" by Greg and Steve. Kids love that!!!
3. Icky Sticky Bubble Gum - This has to be my favorite song on the CD and I did have time to try it out with one group of Kindergarten students when we had a little extra time in Music. They loved it. They pretend like they have bubble gum and the song tells where it gets stuck: nose, ears, knees, etc. They try to pull it off themselves! I can't wait until their is a video of this one!
4. Jamaican Dance - Here's a fun song from Jamaica that will get your students moving! This song will have your students moving their hands and arms and pretending to shake maracas.
5. Funky Nursery Rhymes - Pre-K and Kindergarten students are bound to love these fun Nursery Rhymes. This song also incorporates body movement making it even more fun!
6. Boogaloo Song - This is another fun action song that ends with your students putting themselves to sleep. haha You must watch the video to watch Don at the end. haha Check out the video on a previous post of mine about music in the classroom by clicking HERE.
7. Shabooya - This one will have your students dancing, tapping their feet, hopping like a bunny, swimming, chicken dancing, etc.
8. Ballin' the Jack - This movement song will have your students moving their feet, knees, and arms.
9. Funga Alafia - This is a repeating song that I learned in college when becoming a teacher. The booklet includes the movements for the song. Perfect song to open your school day as it is about welcoming each other.
10. Doctor Knickerbocker - This song incorporates counting to 9 and keeping a rhythm with your hands, feet, hips, and head.
11. Herman the Worm - What kiddo doesn't like worms? haha Herman keeps eating different fruits (in different numbers from 1 to 5) and gets bigger and bigger. What will happen to herman when he eats the 5th fruit? You'll have to hear the song to find out. Fun way to incorporate fruits, numbers, and you could even add it to a measurement lesson!
12. The More We Get Together - This is a sweet song about caring for each other and being there for each other. It's a great song to teach the importance of being friends and being nice to each other. It even has some skip counting in the song!
13. A Ram Sam Sam - This fun song has your students reaching for the sky and singing faster and faster. The booklet includes the fun movements and you can see it in action in the fun video!
14. Fooba Wooba John - The final song will have your students twisting to the beat. The song has snails, frogs, dogs, and other fun animals.
Fill out the Rafflecopter Form to enter the giveaway. You must be a blog follower to enter. There are other ways to earn more chances. Good luck to everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway