Monday, I worked in 1st grade at a wonderful school that I frequently sub at.
- The secretary thanked me for coming in and checked out the keys to me.
- The first grade teachers were very welcoming and helpful as always!
- When I opened the door to let the children in I saw several other excited children from other classes who I have subbed for before. They called my name cheerfully or came over to give me a hug. Such sweet children. The same for the very end of the day after I dropped the children off at car loop!
- We read a few stories, they worked on word problems, finding the missing addend, subtraction, and describing characters.
- The children were respectful and hard working for me. They also had good manners.
I didn't get to work again until Thursday. I subbed in 3rd grade at a school that I subbed at a bunch first semester. It was great to be back!
- I was thanked for picking up the sub job by the secretary and given my keys to the room.
- The teacher next door came over and filled me in that she actually taught 2nd grade, but that this is an inclusion class so I would have another teachers popping in to help if I had any questions.
- The inclusion teachers were super helpful with everything, especially one nice lady who was in there a lot of the day.
- Many of the children greeted me when I opened the door and this was my first time subbing for them!
- The children worked on a reading packet, cause and effect in small groups with me, learned about Canada in S.S., States of Matter in Science, and a math packet with a variety of problems.
- They were mostly cooperative, respectful, and quiet when I taught.
- I also saw my friend's amazing 2nd graders and got hugs from nearly the entire class. They are always so super excited to see me! They know how to make me feel special!
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!