Last Friday, I subbed in 2nd grade at one of my favorite schools. This is the 4th, 2nd grade class I've had at this school.
- I was welcomed and got my key and went to my room. A few Kindergarten children yelled hi to me when I opened the door to let the 2nd graders in.
- They were well behaved, kind, respectful, and used great manners.
- They had fun with reading centers and worked on finding the rule in patterns with partners, as well as learning about weather in Science.
- During lunch I saw the Kindergarten classes and so many of them opened their arms up wanting me to come see them to get hugs. One girl hugged me and I started to walk to the next child and she says oh I need one more hug. So sweet! She's the one who kept trying to get her teacher's attention a few days earlier to tell her she likes me and wants me to be her teacher again.
- I read the class the wonderful bucket filling book and then at the end of the day 4 girls wrote notes for me that said thinks like #1 teacher, best sub ever, etc. I heard them talking saying we need to fill his bucket. Fill my bucket they did! One told me at recess after giving me the note that I'm the best sub ever and she wants me to always be their sub. So sweet!
- Both days when I got to the door, a child was there to open it for me to come in!
- I was thanked by the secretary for coming in.
- Parents dropping children off were very friendly toward me and appreciated that I came to take over and help their kids learn today. Nice to have that kind of support.
- The children and a few others told me Happy Birthday. My birthday was more special last year after everything the staff, teachers, and children did at the school I was at, but I still had a great day! I always do with Kindergarten!
- I got to see a high school friend who I graduated with and is teacher of the year! She helped one of the students both days for a short time.
- The children worked on addition math journal problems, listened to stories, completed word family word sorts, matched patterns, and found numbers on a 100's chart.
- They must not have been good for a previous sub as they told me she said she would never come back again because they were very bad, I told them well I will be more than happy to come back again. They responded with we like you, you are nice, we want you to come back.
- These children were kind, respectful, used manners, and stayed in their seats during work time. I guess I have my way with kids, as I truly will come back if they need me!
I will be celebrating my birthday a day late, today and this weekend at Runaway Country Music Festival in Melbourne, FL with Dierks Bentley, Sara Evans, Lynard Skynard, Billy Currington, Craig Morgan, The Farm, Lady Antebellum, and more! I can't wait for the fun!!!
Share your positives!
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling.