A stack of questions - Task Cards work perfectly for this!
Either paper and pencils or my favorite dry erase board and dry erasers
1. The teacher picks someone to be the captain of each group. This person turns the cards face down and gives each student the materials.
2. The Showdown captain turns one card face up while everyone in the group answers the question. As soon as each student answers the question they turn over there piece of paper or dry erase board.
3. When the teacher gives the Showdown signal every team member turns their paper or dry erase board over to reveal their answers. If everyone is correct the team gets 5 team points. If not everyone coaches each other to get the correct answer. The team then gets 1 point.
4. Team members celebrate!
5. The student to the captain's left is the Showdown Captain for the next round.
6. Repeat the steps starting at step 2.
If you would like to check out my task cards click HERE. Don't forget I do have free addition and subtraction fraction task cards!
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!