Monday there was no school due to a teacher professional development day. I had no work on Tuesday, but on Wednesday I went to a sub class in Volusia County. It's a 3 day class, but because I'm a teacher, I only have had to go the one day!!! On Wednesday, during the sub class I learned a neat way to learn student's names.
- We were told that everyone has one thing in common we all like food! Who doesn't right? So the teacher would start off say my name is Mr. or Mrs. ___________ and I like _________. You fill in the blank with a kind of food that you like that starts with the same letter as your name. So for example I could say My Name is Mr. Hopkins I like hamburgers. Then the first student would say his name is Mr. Hopkins and he likes hamburgers. My name is Patrick. I like pizza. The next student would say his name is Mr. Hopkins and he likes hamburgers, then point to the first student and say his name is Patrick he likes pizza. My name is Sabrina and I like salad and so forth until every child has gone. The kids know each others names, we don't especially as a sub! They said this would work best from 2nd grade and up even in high school or college!
- We were also told the best way to build a great positive relationship with children really quickly is to smile and nod over and over again all day long! That fits me like a T and it is highly likely why the children really love me!
- I came home finding out I made the short list of getting invited to a job fair in Daytona Beach, which means an interview for the county!
Thursday, I also did not sub, but I did some more good news.
- I received another call from Volusia County this time for a job interview Friday in Deltona for a Kindergarten, Kindergarten/1st Grade, and 3rd grade.
- I was also called back about the job fair and given my time, which is 11:00 on Monday! Eastern time as I'm in FL!
- I felt like it went well and when I came home I had a message on my machine requesting references so I believe that's a good sign. I am hoping so. I really like the principal and Kindergarten team leader! They were very nice ladies and thanked me so many times for coming in and making the long trip, which I told them I would gladly do daily.
Next week I do have some sub work. Monday is the job fair interview, Tuesday I am an assistant in ex ed all day and Wednesday, I finally get to be with Kindergarten for a half day. Yay! I love the little ones so much. I would have had Kindergarten all day Monday as well, but I had to not take it due to the job interview, got to get me a job! I will miss those little ones though.
Please leave your positives in the comments. I sure do enjoy reading them. Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!