This was only a two day week so I will share some positives from those 2 days and last Friday!
- Last Friday, I was blessed to have a couple of parents supply food for Munchy Math Fridays. We used the food to count objects to 10! It's nice overhearing my students saying how nice I am and how they love using food to learn. They also each brought in a small bag of food and mixed it together with each others while saying 3 things they were thankful for.
- This week we worked on learning about The First Thanksgiving and doing some of my Thanksgiving related activities like my letter match up from my Thanksgiving Kindergarten and Number Fun and my turkey color word craft.
- On Monday, I had my example of "The Long Legged Turkey" from Deanna Jump's Thanksgiving packet on the board and the children were super excited. They made some great turkeys and came up with some great alternatives to eat instead of turkey. Click the hyperlink if you missed my post from Wednesday with their examples! I had so many compliments from teachers and other students. I new I picked a great idea when they dished out those compliments.
- We also made butter by putting whipping cream into baby food jars and shaking them over and over again. This took a ton of shaking, but my students stayed with it and were able to make butter! Boy were they excited, which was great to see!
- We ended our short week together by having a party to celebrate Thanksgiving.
- I am also blessed to have 2 to 4 students from a teacher come in first thing in the morning to help me sharpen pencils, pass out papers, unstack chairs, trace things, paper clip things, etc. These boys and girls are a huge help!
How was your Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for? Any positives that you care to share with us?
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!