This was our first full week after Winter Break, the week before was a 4 day week!
- My school has started an awesome dog bone behavior system. The children earn dog bones from other teachers (we can't give them out to our own) for making amazing choices in school. I have had a blast handing them out to children whom I have caught walking responsibly in line or in pairs coming back or to somewhere.
- My class earned 5 dog bones today alone!!! Our goal is to get 25 total so they can earn a reward. I also love this reward system because it ties into math with me as my children keep counting or adding 1 more each time we get one! whohohoo!
- We have had a fun week learning about Penguins and writing about what we would do if we were a Penguin. They came up with some super cute ideas! I need to get some pictures of these adorable Penguins that I have received a bunch of compliments on from other teachers! We have also been having fun learning to add, worked on the letter Ff, and learned about different kinds of weather.
- It is also fun seeing all of the smiling faces and children who greet me who I don't even teach, not just the little ones, but the older ones say hi to me and call me by name with a great big smile on their face. These children in this amazing school are incredible bucket fillers.
- Finally, I had 2 terrific parent conferences and I look forward to another one next week. Together we will help my smart students continue to soar!
I hope everyone else had a fantastic week! We have Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday off. So it is a 3 day weekend here. How about where you live?
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling.