- It was super nice to have a full week with my students after missing a day last week due to a doctor appointment. At that appointment I did find out my kidney is fine! Yahoo! One big thing to cross of the stress list! :-)
- My students brought in an egg with something hidden inside. They wrote clues for their classmates to try to guess what is inside the egg. It was a fun way to tie in descriptive words. My students did a great job!
- We had a successful fun spring party to close out our week. I put together some cute bunny baskets that a nice lady who volunteers in our cafeteria cut out for our kids. Then they had fun eating their yummy treats that I placed in those baskets.
- The intern I had from a University who is a freshman in college came back to surprise my class on Tuesday. They had no idea she was coming. I let her read a story and do an activity with them. She is a go-getter and wants the experience! I love how excited she gets and she is going to be one amazing teacher!
- I found out about my observation results from before spring break and I did quite well! It's good to be recognized for my effort. My lesson was quite easy as it was a scripted lesson, but she knew that and was fine with it!
- Another student of mine told me I am the best teacher ever. It sure feels good to hear those kind words out of children's mouths.
- My student's also started FAIR testing and I am excited to have some reading passages that are geared toward 1st grade! A couple of my students landed on green who were not on green previously! Yahoo!!! That is always exciting to see.
Feel free to share your positives in the comments below. Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!