Last Friday, I worked at one of my favorite schools in 4th grade for a class that I've had 3 times before.
- As I waited for children to come in, one of the 3rd graders that I have subbed for cheerfully said good morning to me, smiled, and gave me a hug.
- A 4th grader came in and said yes, you're here again! He is always so happy when he sees me. He tells me that I am a fair sub. He received a brag tag for his kindness.
- The principal and AP both wished me a good morning.
- The children reviewed 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication, worked on a bunch of comprehension stories, and adjectives and adverbs.
- This teacher is incredible as she doesn't like the children just doing work independently, she has me do a couple with them, then let them work on their, and then we check the answers together. I actually get to teach, which is awesome!
I had no work on Monday, but I was requested to work in Kindergarten at the school I gave The Learning Station concert to on Tuesday. This was teacher who pulled me to the stage to dance at the end. I've had her class a couple of times this year and once last year.
- I was thanked for coming in and the teacher left me thankful note as well!
- She had a lot of fun dinosaur activities for the children to do and I got to pick and choose, which ones I wanted to do. I love it when teachers like her let me pick like I would get to if I had my own classroom.
- I also read the class a few dinosaur stories that they absolutely loved.
- This class has their whole room opened up connecting it with another of my favorite Kindergarten classes. Between the two classes and others who saw me on the playground I was thanked for the concert last week and told that they had so much fun with big smiles on their faces. Many of these children received brag tags for being kind and working hard.
- Many children also told me "You're the best, Mr. Hopkins," among many other nice things said to me and hugs too.
- I also saw a 1st grader and a 3rd grader who said hi to me with big smiles on their faces.
- The children were well behaved, which surprised me with it being the end of the school year.
Wednesday, I worked at the same school I was at Friday in a different 4th grade class, but one that I've also had 3 times before.
- The teacher always leaves me easy to follow plans, the past two years, which I greatly appreciate!
- Most of the children said good morning, Mr. Hopkins as they came in with smiles on their faces.
- The children were pretty well behaved and mostly quiet for a big Math test that they had to take.
- They worked on fun Memory Books, learned about heat in Science, and took their End of the Year District Science Test.
- I gave out a couple of brag tags to children who have always been extra quiet and always are well behaved. It was not an easy task to pick children to receive them because there are many superstars! I was glad to see them well received in 4th grade!
Some other news I would love to share, I am only 15 followers away from 500 on my Teachers Pay Teachers store and I am just 15 followers away from 450 on my blog. Thank you all so my for being devoted followers!
I also picked up a job interview at a Charter School for May 30th. I'll be interviewing for Montessori Kindergarten, 1st/2nd grade split, and one that says Elementary K-3. Your thoughts and prayers would mean the world to me!
Leave your positives in the comments below.
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!