Thursday and Friday I subbed in the school that I've subbed at the most the past two schools years and I had 4th-6th graders in ex ed as an assistant. The class has 7 boys, no girls!
- I was actually called the first day of school to set this up and was thanked over and over again for my hard work. I was thanked again both days before and after school for taking the assignment and told how much I am appreciated by the bookkeeper and secretary.
- Both days the children were very respectful toward me, their teacher, and fellow peers.
- The first day I ran into a sweet 1st graders on my out of the office and she said my name so excitedly and introduced me to her mom.
- In the cafeteria during lunch duty I was able to help mostly 1st and 6th graders, every Kindergarten class at one point last year and the 5th graders so I knew these children. The 1st graders in particular both days were extra excited to see me giving me hi fives and hugs and telling me about their summer as I ran back and forth getting utensils, ketchup, opening things, letting children throw things away, etc. I gave a few 6th graders a handshake after they requested it, lots of smiles from many of them!
- The 4th-6th graders I had a fun time in small groups for reading getting to teach them some grammar and having the children each take a part in a reader's theater play. I also read the District Math Test to two different boys, one-on-one while they showed their best effort!
- I was called while in the room by the bookkeeper saying that a 3rd grade teacher who I subbed for probably the 2nd most last year wants me on the 5th and 6th of September and I gladly accepted. She has amazing plans and always puts fun brain breaks for the children to do. I love that she lets me have fun in a 3rd grade classroom! I am also honored to be requested again.
This school is always filling my bucket!
Next week, I am headed to another county to get my fingerprints and drug test done one day so I can sub in their county as well until someone decides to give me a chance at my dream job!
Let me know your positives in the comments. I really do enjoy reading them and would love to hear what is working well your first week or weeks of school.
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!