This week was filled with tons of fun and learning!
- The part I like least about Kindergarten is the 1 on 1 assessment as I'd rather be teaching them during small groups during that time, but it is part of the job and I am so thankful that we do not loads of required tests and can assess how we want. My assessment showed that 9 of my 16 students know every letter of their alphabet. 4 know all, but 1 letter with 3 of them just missing typewritten g! 2 more know all, but 3 letters, and 1 missed 8. I have 1 struggler, but she is up from 35 to 39 is a new student and has missed several days so I am proud of the progress she has made!
- 5 of my students know all their letter sounds. The rest are very close, except for the one new student. I can't wait to see the amazing progress I know she will make! 15 of 16 know all of their numbers to 10. The other one knows all, but 1 number! 3 now know all of their sight words that we teach for the year and many I have not even covered yet! Another knows all, but 2!
- I am so thankful that the parents of my students are helping them at home. When we all work together great things are achieved as I am witnessing!
- We had a blast on Tuesday learning about Holidays Around The World. The students went to a different class every 45 minutes. I taught them about Kwanzaa and Africa. I had 5 groups of Kindergartners, many were excited to have me teach them a lesson as they knew me before I got the job!
- I made a big hit with my reindeer antlers and red glowing nose! I even wore it on picture day, but took it off for the picture, then was begged to put it on for another picture. I can't wait to see it! I think it is going in the yearbook. Teachers and children in all grades hooted with laughter and told me they loved it! The same with the amazing office staff!
- Parents really came through for our party as I got way more than I knew was coming in. The children loved eating all of the cupcakes, candy, chips, cookies, etc. It was a ton of fun! I overheard several of my kids saying how nice I am, I threw the best party ever, I'm the greatest teacher ever, etc. I don't think they even knew I heard them! It melts my heart to hear things like that from children.
- I also got some wonderful gifts from the children and their parents. I am so appreciative of them thinking of me.
I'll be back in 3 weeks for the next Positive Friday as we are off on vacation until January 7th. Have a great break everyone!
Share your positives in the comments. Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings! Keep on smiling!