Well last Friday I had my 2nd day with that amazing Kindergarten class.
- The amazing teacher behind me who also requests me told me some of the older children helping in the morning that I am the best sub ever! Boy did that make me feel special. She is awesome herself! It was fun working with her for two days (the two teachers open up their rooms).
- The children were excited to see me as they entered the room. One girl kept coming over to me all day to tell me how nice I am. What a sweet angel! This girl has completely mastered using I Messages and only came to me if the children wouldn't listen to her when she tried to solve the small problems.
- I loved watching the children get creative making patterns with their math manipulatives and we had fun reading a story called "Brave Little Monsters."
- Many of the Kindergarten children I have subbed for previously said hi, hugged me, or gave me pinky waves. They are so precious.
- As I took the kids outside for dismissal, one 1st grade stopped me to tell me I had subbed for her last year and she can't wait for me to sub for her again and then gave me a hug. Another wonderful bucket filling angel.
Unfortunately no subbing until Thursday after a busy fun week last week. I hope to start subbing more again soon. On Thursday, I went back to the school I started my teaching career at and subbed in 1st grade and then in 3rd grade in the afternoon.
- I got to talk to so many friends who I used to teach with or at least say hi to them, including two of the first grade teachers. They are an awesome group of teachers who I miss so much! The same goes to the awesome office clerk who is the only office staff member left at the school. She has always been so kind to me!
- The first graders told me how nice I am, which is always so nice to hear!
- They did a fabulous job after we read "The Tiny Seed" of cutting their own diagram of the huge flower it grew into and labeling it. Each one looked unique!
- I won the 3rd graders over in record time! Several told me how nice I was and how I was their favorite or 2nd favorite teacher or favorite sub ever 30 minutes into the day with them! One later in the day told me she wished I had subbed for them the entire day. They kept coming to me to tell me such nice things. These children are no doubt bucket fillers!
- I had fun helping the 3rd graders learn how to round and estimate to different place values.
- I also had a chance to see the sister of one of my former students who I had subbed for last year and is now in another 3rd grade class. She was so happy to see me and gave me a hug. She wants me to sub for her again. She is a smart and sweet girl just like her sister who I can't believe is now in 10th grade. Where has time gone?
Thanks again for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!