Give each student a file folder and let them decorate it.
I see advantages and disadvantages to using this system.
The advantages are:
- Students don't have to leave their seat. This stops any problems that could occur between two or more students turning in work at the same time.
- There is no waiting on another person to put a paper in the bin or manila envelope (paper drop system) so it saves time.
- You'd put the papers in the gradebook probably one student at a time instead of by subject instead of the whole class by subject, which makes handing back the papers quicker and takes less time on your part because they are already grouped by student.
- You know who has no name on the paper because you pull it out of the folder of who it belongs too!
- It would probably take longer putting grades in the gradebook due to going student by student for each subject instead of doing the whole class by subject.
- You can not tell instantly who has not done their assignment until you have put their grades in the gradebook.
- Little ones need to move so letting them turn it in somewhere would give them this opportunity instead of just putting it in their desk.
Thanks for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings. Keep on smiling!