- I started the week out with 2 days in Kindergarten at one school with the same group of children. I subbed for them about 3 weeks ago so it was nice to be back with children that I knew! The custodians told me what a great job I always do with keeping the room clean and they really appreciate me making sure the children clean up after themselves!
- At the same school a teacher told me how she wants me to teach on their team next year and she has already been telling the office how much the Kindergarten teachers and children love me. Then she asked her class if I am the best sub ever and they all yelled yes and put their hands in the air full of smiles! I have only subbed for her class once about a month ago so that felt really good!
- Wednesday was my 33rd birthday and I was back in Kindergarten where I was the past 2 weeks and at the school that I've been at the most since January. They made my birthday more special than any school I've ever taught at. The office clerk made me a cake, everyone in the office signed a card for me, and I was given 3 balloons.
It gets so much better. The office clerk in the morning walked into my room to give me something to send home with the children and had the whole class sing Happy Birthday to me. Then when it was lunch time the cashier stopped the line and had them sing to me again. I then walked over to say hi to the amazing 3rd and 4th graders who I taught for a month and as I was talking to one wonderful child a teacher got on the microphone and announced it was my birthday and lead the whole cafeteria in singing Happy Birthday to me. The children were all smiling ear to ear. A couple of 3rd graders in another class who I had only subbed for once and another Kindergarten child came over from their table to me to wish me a Happy Birthday. The children at this school have a heart of gold and so do the teachers, administration, and office staff. If anyone from that school is reading this thank you from the bottom of my heart for making feel so special and loved on my birthday.
- Thursday I subbed at a school I've never been too, but one that I have wanted to sub at for awhile now. I was in 1st grade and everyone was so nice and thanked me for subbing at their school. The children told me how much they loved me and wanted me to come back. They called me the best teacher ever! A 3rd grader also came up to me on the playground who I taught for a month at the beginning of last year. We were both so excited to see each other as she was a really great student who I hated to see leave. She wants me to sub for her class!
- I end the week today before heading on Spring Break back at the school that treated me so amazing on my birthday in 2nd grade. It's the first time I've taught 2nd grade at the school and I can't wait until next Friday to let you know all know all the positives from that day.
- My blog has over 25,000 views! I have over 150 followers. I have 170 on FB. You all are amazing what can I say! Thank you, thank you, thank you! If you are interested in winning a music CD by The Learning Station head on over and enter! The contest ends Sunday night at 11:59 Eastern. The Learning Station Music CD Giveaway
Now it is your turn what happened that was positive to you? As always thank you for hoppin' by Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings!